Data Privacy Statement as per EU-GDPR
BRAUN Lighting Solutions e.K. thanks you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company and our products. This Data Privacy Statement explains the type, scope and purposes of the collection and use of personal data by the responsible provider on this website (hereinafter BRAUN). The legal basis of data privacy can be found in the EU Data Protection Ordinance (GDPR) and the new Federal Data Protection Act.
1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for the processing the data:
This data privacy information applies for the processing of data be the responsible person:
BRAUN Lighting Solutions e.K. (hereinafter: BRAUN),
Nunsdorfer Ring 2-10, D-12277 Berlin, Deutschland
Telefon: +49 (0)30 – 7007763100
Fax: +49 (0)30 – 7007763101
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.braun.lighting the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• Date and time of access,
• Name and URL of the retrieved file,
• Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
• The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as The name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes, to:
• Ensure a smooth connection to the website,
• Ensure comfortable use of our website,
• Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
• Other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 lit. f General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented according to Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome to send a request to cancel your subscription at any time to email@example.com by e-mail.
c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us in accordance with Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed.
3. Forwarding of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
• You have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 a GDPR,
• The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 f GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
• In the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 lit. c GDPR, and
• This is legally permissible and is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Sec. 1 No 1 lit. b GDPR.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 lit. f GDPR. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can result in your not being able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Analytic tools
The tracking measure listed below and used by us is performed on the basis of Art. 6 Sec. 1 No. 1 f GDPR. With the tracking measure used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually optimized. On the other hand, we use the tracking measure to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate in terms of the aforementioned provision.
6. Rights of the persons concerned
You have the right to:
• Request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
• Immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
• Request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
• Restrict the processing of your personal data as per Art. 18 GDPR if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
• Obtain the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR;
• Revoke your consent to us at any time, as per Art. 7 Sec. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future;
• Complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our office.
7. Administration, financial accounting, office organization, contact administration
We process data within the framework of the administrative tasks as well as the organization of our company, financial accounting and compliance with legal obligations, e.g. archiving. We process the same data that we process as part of the performance of our contractual services. The principles upon which this occurs are based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c. DSGVO, Art. 6 Sec. 1 lit. f., Art. 28 DSGVO. Data subjects are affected by the processing: Customers, interested parties, business partners and website visitors. The purpose and our interest in the processing lies in the administration, financial accounting, office organization and archiving of data, i.e. in tasks which serve the continuation of our business activities, our understanding of our tasks and provision of our services. The deletion of the data with regard to contractual services and contractual communication corresponds to the information provided in these processing activities.
We disclose or transmit data to the tax authorities, consultants, such as tax consultants or auditors, as well as other fee offices and payment service providers.
Furthermore, we store information on suppliers, event organizers and other business partners on the basis of our business interests, e.g. for the purpose of making contact at a later date. We store this data, which is mainly company-related, permanently.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Sec. 1 No 1 f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without your specifying a particular reason. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Validity and amendment of this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently valid and has the status January 2020. Due to the further development of our website and the offers above or due to altered legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this Data Privacy Statement. The latest, applicable Data Privacy Statement can be accessed or printed at any time on our website at www.braun-lighting.com/dataprivacy.